Are you looking to replace your current desktop or laptop?
You don’t have to rush out and order the latest notebook or desktop. You can buy a used, pre-owned, or refurbished PC. Depending on your needs, refurbished computers can be an excellent way save money. In most cases you can get a computer that essentially is new, or functions as new, for a significant discount.
If you are considering purchasing a refurbished computer, you should ensure that the seller offers a warranty of some description and also be familiar with their returns policy, just in case anything does happen to go wrong or you aren’t fully satisfied with your purchase.
Here are a few buying tips
- Always buy from a reputable well known company.
- Make sure it makes buying sense to purchase a refurbished computer over a new one.
- Always check the computer technical specifications on your refurbished purchase and make sure they match the comparable new product before comparing pricing.
- Only buy a refurbished notebook or computer over a new one if the price difference is significant enough to justify the extra risk.
- Make sure the warranty period offered is not less than if you were to buy the item new, for example one year. Some manufacturer’s may also offer an extended warranty for an additional price.
- Don’t wait around before you purchase, as refurbished computers are sold very quickly because they offer such great value.